Geographies of the Information Society
Upham Hotel, Santa Barbara, CA February 28-March 1, 1997 Background Information Objectives of the Workshop Extract from NCGIA's proposal to NSF
"Advancing Geographic Information Science"
Discussion group summaries
Day one breakout group summary
- Institutions and GIS: Emerging frameworks in the information age
- Moving Beyond the Map as Metaphor: Representation and multiple realities
- Modeling and Simulating Geographies in a Digital World
- Access to Spatial Data in Networked Environments
- Accessibility in a Wired World
- Emergent Social Forms
- Social/Geographic Implications of Information Technologies
- Virtual Geographies
List of Participants
Participant position statements
Varenius Home Page...